Thursday, August 25, 2011

30 day challenge

Well I guess now that I explained how I got to where I am, I have to figure out what the heck I'm going to talk about here. I thought a good way to start was to complete a 30 day challenge that I found on randomosityblog.com.

Day 1: Your current relationship

Currently, my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and counting. When I got pregnant way earlier than anyone should, we always agreed that when we decided to get married, it would be as a celebration of our love and our relationship. Not because we had a baby. Not because one of us needed a visa. We want our marriage to be about our love and our family.

We also want to do it right. Plan ahead so that family and friends from both sides have time to plan their travel plans (to America). Have enough money to have the wedding of my our dreams. And I did not want to be engaged for the sake of being engaged. I never wanted to be that couple that was engaged for 2 years before we even started to set a date. As soon as he asks, I am going to pull out a calendar, and circle one day with a big red marker. Well I guess I will call my family and friends first. And maybe I'll wait until the next day to whip out the calendar. But you catch my drift.

So yes, we are young. Yes, we are in love. Yes, we are parents. No, we aren't married. That doesn't make us stupid or bad parents. It makes us unique. And I like us the way we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment