Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 6: Zodiac

 Today's challenge: What is your zodiac sign and does it fit your personality? Well  know I'm a Taurus, and that's pretty much all I can tell you. Here are some excerpts from a description of a Taurean woman from iloveindia.com, and how I feel they apply to myself (or don't)

She is capable of handling the severest of problems, without shedding even a single tear.
I think I can handle pretty serious issues, but without shedding a tear? That's not really my style. I cry. A lot. When I had to make the decision to leave my family and friends, it seemed like I could never stop crying. I would cry before I could even start the conversation. And I think faced with severe problems, anyone could handle it. They have to. When faced with a huge problem, you can try all you want to ignore it, but one day you'll have to deal with it. So, no. I don't think this particular Taurean trait applies to me.


Their friends may be a little weird, but they will not be phonies or hypocrites
I only inserted this part of the description because it calls my friends weird. I don't think they're weird. They're my friends. Who knows what other people think. (And quite frankly, who gives a crap? Not me.) When I'm with my friends, we can get pretty weird though. I'll give this point to Taurus.


A Taurus girl doesn't fight with people she dislikes, she simply ignores them and becomes indifferent to their presence.

Well I know this is true. I've heard a quote (I don't know who it's from. oops) "The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference." I certainly try not to hate people; quite frankly it takes a lot of energy to hate someone and avoid them at all costs. I find it better to not cause a scene and act civilly. But Aron's ex who tried to kiss him a couple months after I started dating him? She will always get the stink eye.

The Verdict? I believe horoscopes are written to be so vague that anyone could identify with their designated sign. I'm sure I could liken myself to a few Pisces characteristics if I weren't too lazy to research some more of this zodiac BS. But honestly, I think it's a bunch of garbage and will not waste any more of my time learning about the pseudoscience of astrology.

No comments:

Post a Comment